The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration controlled substance and alcohol testing regulations are in place to protect the safety of the traveling public.
What do FMCSA regulations require of employers?
- Develop a written policy on substance abuse and alcohol misuse in the workplace
- Provide the policy to every driver
- Maintain a statement signed by each employee ensuring they’ve received policy and educational materials
- Provide reasonable suspicion training to all persons who supervise drivers
- Provide educational materials to supervisors and employers
Employee Screening Services can help you, as an employer, with every stop of the training process. ESS can even train your supervisors and employees on site! Check out our training registration page to check out upcoming reasonable suspicion and supervisor training (to fulfill DOT requirements) sessions in your area.
For additional employer resources and downloadable documents from FMCSA, click here.